u-blox - the leading manufacturer of GPS/GNSS products - introduced the latest u-blox7 family, using not only GPS and SBAS, but also Russian Glonass and Japanese QZSS localization systems.
Extremely low power consumption (4.5mA/1Hz) and state of the art
navigation performance modules are also equipped with several useful,
additional features, like Jammer Detection or DataLogger.
New family is pin compatible successor of u-blox6 and u-blox5 modules, and makes it possible to migrate to the latest technology without expensive redesign of the existing applications.
u-blox continues “future-proof” tradition of form-factor and layout consistency with u-blox7 and its industry standard LEA, NEO and MAX modules.
The main features of u-blox7 modules:
- production in Austria, according to automotive ISO/TS 16949 standards, well known on the market reliability and high quality of products
- qualification according to ISO 16750, modules are designed and tested to be used in extremely demanding "in vehicle" applications
- multi-system technology (GPS, Glonass, QZSS, ready for Galileo and BeiDou(Compass)), SBAS (EGNOS, WAAS, MSAS)
- MAX, NEO, LEA form factors - well known, all of them were introduced to the market by u-blox in the past
- extremely low power consumption, and additional Power Save Modes (PSM) - 4.5mA tracking with fix every second
- wide power supply range (1.65V - 3.6V)
- USB, UART, I2C interfaces
- state of the art navigation performance, also in harsh, noisy environment with reflections
- Jammer Detection and report
- Data Logger - stand alone work, saving log file in flash memory
- Efficient Assisted GPS modes (Online, Offline, Autonomous) - for much faster first fix, even under very hard conditions, where GNSS system without Assisted support is not able to calculate position
- wide portfolio of pin compatible modules, makes it possible to select the best receiver for the application
- efficient cooperation with u-blox GSM/UMTS modules (SARA, LEON, LISA) - direct connection between GPS and GSM/UMTS module
- user friendly tools, application notes and reference designs to speed up design
- cost optimized products
Microdis, together with manufacturer, is happy to offer application and technical support on the spot.
More detailed information can be found in our Wireless Folder:
and on the manufacturer's web: